OMERO-web login fails

Hi,

after having some trouble with the upgrade to 5.6, it seems that OMERO and OMERO.web are running again. Login with OMERO.insight is also working. Login via OMERO.web fails, however.
If I use my login with a wrong password, I get the following error:
Connection not available, please check your user name and password.

If I use my correct password, I get a web-page sying
Internal server error

The server is reachable from the OMERO.web installation, and added to omero.web.server_list.
Also, remote login via CLI from OMERO.web is working.

Any help would be great.

Best,
Gebhard

Hi Gebhard,

Do you have the OMERO.web logs? See anything interesting?

Something else you could try is to configure the web “public user” and see if the auto-login causes the same Internal server error.
https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/omero/5.6.1/sysadmins/public.html#configuring-public-user

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

yes, this also happens for the public user.

Here’s the log (actually it’s the diff between the log from yesterday and today after loading the page and trying to login).

OMEROweb.txt (96.9 KB)

Looks like a huge cascade of exceptions is happening.
But seems to be the root of it all:

File "/opt/omero/web/venv3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django_redis/cache.py", line 33, in _decorator
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/omero/web/venv3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django_redis/cache.py", line 125, in has_key
    return self.client.has_key(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/omero/web/venv3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django_redis/client/default.py", line 473, in has_key
    raise ConnectionInterrupted(connection=client, parent=e)
django_redis.exceptions.ConnectionInterrupted: Redis ConnectionError: Error 111 connecting to 127.0.0.1:6379. Connection refused.

Best,
Gebhard

django_redis.exceptions.ConnectionInterrupted: Redis ConnectionError: Error 111 connecting to 127.0.0.1:6379. Connection refused.

It sounds like you’ve configured OMERO.web to use redis. Is your redis server running? Could you please show us the output from omero config get in OMERO.web?

I found the problem… It was a typo in my startup script … D’oh
Now it’s working!