OMERO.mde: Cannot modify object tree using mac client

Hi OMERO team -
After enabling OMERO.mde as shown here, and adding an image to the import queue, right-clicking (or ctrl- or command- clicking) on the object tree in the middle panel of the “Specify MetaData” pane, to modify the object tree, doesn’t do anything. That is, no menu expands from the mouse pointer. I’m connected to my OMERO server using the Mac insight client 5.5.17. Same thing when using the Linux client in Ubuntu.
NB - This behaviour works properly if I connect from a Windows machine using the Windows insight client 5.5.17, so I think it’s Mac/Linux specific issue.
Not sure how to troubleshoot? Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks,
Steve

cc: @sukunis (I’ve added an Topics tagged omero-mde tag that you can follow by clicking on the bell on that page)

Hi @steveo,

thanks for reporting the issue. I will try to reproduce and fix this!

Thanks,
Susanne

Hi @steveo,

the problem is fixed an will be available with the next omero.insight release.

Best,
Susanne

Hi @sukunis -
Thank You!

Hi @steveo
5.5.18 is now available. It contains the fixes in OMERO.mde

Cheers
Jmarie

Hi @j.burel -
Thanks! But…
When I download the binary v5.5.18 “.dmg” files (insight or importer) from that repository to my Mac, they download fine, and I can mount them as disk images, but when I try to run insight, either from the original location, of after copying to my applications folder, I get an error message that says insight is damaged and I should move it to the trash.
This is true for MacOS11, 10.15, 10.14, so I don’t think it’s anything to do with the MacOS version or the usual “this program is from an unidentified developer” message.

Thanks again for your help!
Steve

Strange. I am sure i replaced the ones built with GitHub actions, they have given us issue previously.
I will double-check

Cheers

Jmarie

Hi @steveo

The problem should now be fixed. Sorry about that

Cheers

Jmarie