We’ve just noticed two things.
- Upload is getting slower over time
- The problem seems to occur mostly with small files (<200MB), when about 10 upload/import processes are running simultaneously. Just now we’re running an import with files mostly >1GB and except for slowing down after some 30+ files it is still running.
Could it be some sort of concurrency / deadlock / resource (e.g. releasing DB-handles, finalizing transactions, entering critical sections, …) issue when there are “too many” import threads are accessing the DB simultaneously
To answer your questions:
I ran a dist-upgrade after we noticed the issues, but it didn’t help.
We are using omero-insight. CLI and biologists don’t mix well.
The only parameters we set are the owner (not necessarily the person uploading the files), the project and the dataset.
bin/omero admin diagnostics: omero-diag.txt (3.6 KB)
bin/omero config get: omero-config-get.txt (1.5 KB)
ulimit -a: ulimit.txt (708 Bytes)
Since it’s currently running with some larger files, I’ll post the jstack when we encounter the next crash.