Object Viewing

Hello :smile:

i was wondering:

• in an image-based scatter plot ** it is possible** to select a data point and see the according image

• in an object-based scatter plot it is (to my knowledge) not possible to see the corresponding cell

since you guys have already the technology to show single cells in the classifier it feels to me that it should be possible (easy?) to implement cell-viewing from the scatter plot?!

i think this would be a great tool to have since one very often(!) asks oneself how the cell corresponding to a certain measurement looks like…

what do you think? …maybe this is already implemented somehow and i just don’t know how to use it?!

All the Best!
Tischi

Hi Tischi,

I believe the current release (r10530) supports this functionality. Let us know if it doesn’t work!

Regards,
-Mark

Hi Mark,

just downloaded and tested r10533 and it does not work for me.

clicking on one object data-point in the scatter plot only gives me the option to see the image that corresponds to the cell, but not the cell alone, nor can i find an indication in the image which of the cells is “the one” (which would, in fact also be sufficient for our purposes i guess).

maybe i have to change something in the properties file?

best,
Tischi

Hmmm, are you using the Mac or Windows version? I just tried it out on the Windows version with the example CPA dataset, and you should see the object highlighted in the image, or if you choose the list of images representing the selected objects, you should see the ObjectNumber listed.
-Mark

Hi Mark,

i am using windows…

(i) upon right clicking on one object-dot i get the option:
“show images from selection”
is this correct so far? or should it be “show objects from selection”?

(ii) in which way should the object be highlighted in the image?
…i have to go to Contrast Stretch “Log” for my data in order to see the images…could that maybe hide the highlight?

(iii) could you please point me to the CPA example data-set for which it works?

Cheers,
Tishci

I think I see the problem: If you select “Show images from selection,” you won’t see the object highlighted, but if you select “Show image list from selection,” you should see the object measurements in a table. If you then double-click on the asterisk at the left of the object row, it will open the image with the object highlighted.

[quote=“tischer”]
(ii) in which way should the object be highlighted in the image?
…i have to go to Contrast Stretch “Log” for my data in order to see the images…could that maybe hide the highlight?[/quote]

The object is highlighted with a small white box, the same way that objects in image tiles are highlighted in the classifier tool.

[quote=“tischer”]
(iii) could you please point me to the CPA example data-set for which it works?[/quote]

The example data set is located here.

Hi Mark,

thanks for the answer.

if i click on “Show Image List fom Selection” i get:

**An error occurred in the program:
OperationalError: no such column: Per_Image.ImageNumber

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “scatter.pyc”, line 485, in show_image_list_from_selection
File “dbconnect.pyc”, line 47, in fn
File “dbconnect.pyc”, line 418, in execute

…i am using the SQLite option…and “Show images from selection” works fine…

any ideas?

Tischi

Just checking back. Are you still running into this problem?
-Mark

hi mark, to be honest i do not test it again recently since we currently use our own python scripts to do such things…

just checked with your example data set and there it indeed works…i will try for my data again!