Object coloring

Hi,

I wanted to know is it possible through CellProfiler to display a pre-specified subset of objects with the same color in one image? for example can we make object #32 in a given image to have a red color ?

Regards,
Obaid

Hi Obaid,

There is not an obvious way to do this, but a workaround would be to use ClassifyObjects. Under “Single measurement” as the classification type, you can select Object_Number under the object of choice, use “Evenly spaced bins” and 3 as the number of bins. If you wanted to color object #10, for example, you would enter 9.99 as the lower threshold and 10.01 as the upper threshold, and uncheck the boxes asking to use a bin for objects above and below. You can then specify a name for the color-classified image for later use elsewhere in the pipeline, such as SaveImages.

Regards,
-Mark

Thanks Mark,
Another question :smile:. Within an image there are objects with different sizes and shapes. Is it possible to label all the cells of a particular shape and size with one color. For example i want to label red all those cells that are round and small.

Regards
Obaid

Not as such. The workaround I would recommend in this case is to use FilterObjects to specify the measurments and cutoffs that you want. In addition to the filtered objects, you also can retain their outlines. They are not labels, but can still serve to mark your image accordingly.

Regards,
-Mark