Object Classification live update not working

I’m trying to use the object classification feature found in pixel classification and object classification projects. After I label my regions and click live update, nothing happens. The green processing bar at the bottom left moves, making me think the software is processing the data, but after waiting as long as 36 hours, the live update process is still not finished. The active request section says that while live update is running, there are 0 active requests. I have used object classification before, and it was working as early as a week ago. But now, no matter how long I wait, and even when I’m trying to process the same data that I have processed previously, the object prediction labels do not show up.

I have tried deleting and redownloading ilastik as well as trying object classification on different sets of data but it still doesn’t work. All other parts of the pipeline still work. Training, thresholding, and feature selection all are able to be processed.

Any advice would help, thank you

Hi @sundeepc,

welcome to the image.sc forum!

Could you please add a little bit of detail to which version(s) of ilastik you have tried and details about your operating system (so whether you are on Windows, MacOSX, or Linux, and which version). I can give you more detailed advice once you add those details.

Cheers
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

I’m using version 1.3.3, and my computer uses Windows 10.

@k-dominik do you think it could potentially be a problem with my RAM? Is there a way I could send my project to you so you could see the problem yourself?

Hi @sundeepc,

normally if you run out of RAM with ilastik you’d notice (either an error message or ilastik will crash). So I don’t think that this is the issue here.

Before exchanging files and all, could you maybe try one more thing?

There is the ilastik log file in C:\Users\<YourUserName>\ilastik_log.txt
Could you delete this file, then start ilastik again with your project, click on live update, then maybe wait a minute, close ilastik again and upload the ilastik_log.txt file to this file drop (link only valid 48 hours)

Hi Dominik,

While I was following your directions, the live update actually completed processing. Everything looks good now. It seems like deleting the ilastik_log.txt had some positive effect.

Thanks,
Sundeep

Hi @sundeepc,

thank you very much for letting us know. Although it is a bit troublesome that the log file might have this effect. We’ll keep an eye on it and please get back to us immediately if it happens again.

Cheers
Dominik