Not saving during deeplabcut.label_frames (no .hdf file)

Hi keep running into this error when I am in the process of labeling frames in a folder.

deeplabcut.label_frames(path_config)
objc[67140]: Class FIFinderSyncExtensionHost is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FinderKit.framework/Versions/A/FinderKit (0x7fffb1f4cc90) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/FileProvider.framework/OverrideBundles/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride.bundle/Contents/MacOS/FinderSyncCollaborationFileProviderOverride (0x14b6b9cd8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/gj/anaconda3/envs/dlc-macOS-CPU/lib/python3.6/site-packages/deeplabcut/generate_training_dataset/labeling_toolbox.py”, line 655, in saveDataSet
self.dataFrame.to_csv(os.path.join(self.dir,“CollectedData_” + self.scorer + “.csv”))
File “/Users/gj/anaconda3/envs/dlc-macOS-CPU/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/frame.py”, line 1403, in to_csv
formatter.save()
File “/Users/gj/anaconda3/envs/dlc-macOS-CPU/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/io/formats/format.py”, line 1577, in save
compression=self.compression)
File “/Users/gj/anaconda3/envs/dlc-macOS-CPU/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/io/common.py”, line 385, in _get_handle
f = open(path_or_buf, mode, errors=‘replace’)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/Volumes/GJ/DeepLabCut_Projects/projects/example/2019-06-26/labeled-data/CreMouse/CollectedData.csv’

So I’ll have the GUI up, labeling frames, and it works fine, and if I press save, the GUI says it saves, but then the terminal comes up with error above which I think is saying that a HDF isn’t being created?

Have any ideas of how to work through this?

Thanks!

You likely do not have the correct pytables installed. Please use the supplied env here: deeplabcut.org

Then you won’t have this issue.

You can convert the csv to h5 though, no need to re-label.

deeplabcut.convertcsv2h5

Ah sorry, it also doesn’t create the .csv file either.

Would it have to do with having created the project on an external hard-drive by any chance? I downloaded the DLC env too both an external hard drive and on my macOS drive and believe that when I created this project, I use the ENV inside the hard drive.

UPDATE - RESOLVED: So it turns out, I had put two initials with a slash in between them for scorer/experimenter. And this getting rid of this fixed the problem as the .csv files weren’t being created in the right folders (or something along those lines), but all good, thanks!

1 Like