Newbie trouble gettng going

Folks,

I compiled CP2 on a Cluster running RHEL6.1 and Platform 3.0 via the Makefile.CP2 with various version updates.

I notice a banner when I launch CP2 that has a pulldown menu but “software only” is the only option. I suspect I may not have OpenGL installed the way CP2 wants it to be.

There are a couple of instances of this error

“ImportError: No module named enthought.traits.api”

I can launch ilastik GUI from CellProfiler.py or as standalone but I never see a CP2 GUI. Is that normal?

For accounts other than my own I cannot even get the ilastik GUI to come up. I see this error

“QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Cannot make invalid context current.”

So I am still a long ways from getting this program to work but I am stuck. Any other CP2 users seen similar issues?

Thanks

Starr

Yes. Illastik is meant to be a standalone package from CP. CP will take output from Illastik, but the two are not directly connected together.

[quote=“Chazards”]There are a couple of instances of this error
"ImportError: No module named enthought.traits.api"
For accounts other than my own I cannot even get the ilastik GUI to come up. I see this error
"QGLContext::makeCurrent(): Cannot make invalid context current."
[/quote]

These errors appear to be Illastik-specific. Since our software development efforts are independent from their team’s, I would recommend contacting their developers directly for advice.

Good luck!
-Mark

Folks,

I got a version of ilastik to launch but when I fed it an ilastik-CP2 data set it through a vigra error(Exception Module has no attribute _VigraArray)
I chased this for a while github.com/Ilastik/ilastik/issues/95
Then decided to just try an ilastik binary anyway.

I downloaded an ilastik binary for fedora. It starts and it CAN read the test data that my version could not.

I am pretty certain I never got a GUI for CP2 to run. I could get the help menu printed but I never saw anything of the sort of such as in the videos of CP2 in operation.

So, back to Makefile.CP2. Can I just comment out the ilastik build paragraph and remake CP2? Or is there a preferred way to inform the Makefile.CP2 that I have a working ilastik?

Starr