Newbie: Oxidation layer thickness measurement of curved object

Hello all, I’m a relatively newbie to ImageJ and I was wondering if I could get some help with my analysis problem. Essentially, I have a curved part that gets severely oxidized during its use and I’m trying to quantify the oxidation layer thickness as a function of angle (0 to +/-90 deg) from the horizontal center line (Pic 1). I want to plot the thickness of the white layer as a function of angle on either side in a 2D plot.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the original part image, but I was able to create a representative binary mask of the oxidation layer (Mask-1.tif). I don’t have a good scale calibration right now, but that’s easy enough to implement once I figure out what to do. Can I please solicit some help in how to approach this problem, or if it’s even feasible for me to do so?

I have learned how to skeletonize the mask and even do a local thickness plot, but I’m still a bit perplexed as how to best translate it into a 2D plot. I believe I have to do a polar transform, but I have not been able to figure it out using the Polar Transformer plugin. I really appreciate any help I can get here and sorry if I’m way off base here. Thanks!

Mask-1.tif (497.9 KB)
Angle%20Description

Mask-2_LocThk