New plugins: Unified Merge and Extended Panel

Hi imaging folks,

Over the years of using ImageJ I’ve written a couple of plugins that I have been using for a while and that my colleagues have found useful, so I finally decided to share them (they have been published on my site for a while but I had never advertised them anywhere, so I doubt anybody apart from my colleagues ever found them before).

The first plugin, and presumably the most useful, is Unified Merge. Given a hyperstack containing several channels, it allows to generate with a few clicks an image containing one panel for each individual channel along with a panel containing a colorized “merge” of all channels.

This is not intended to generate publication-quality figures (a task for which I rather use OMERO.figure). Instead, I and my colleagues typically use it to quickly generate “preview” images that always have the same layout and are “good enough” to be shown in a lab meeting or a similar situation.

The second plugin is Extended Panel. It simply generates an image containing a selection of t-frames from a hyperstack, arranged in a given number of columns and rows. Similarly to the Unified Merge plugin, it is kept deliberately simple as it is not intended to replace a figure preparation tool.

The plugins also come with a small library of helper classes, which can be used from other plugins or from scripts.

Development happens on my
forge
. Releases are available
to download from the forge
(for manual installation; the single Jar file contains both plugins and the
helper library) and also in my personal ImageJ update site at https://incenp.org/imagej/ (for automatic installation through the Fiji Updater).

Once installed, the plugins are available in the Plugins > Incenp.org menu.

Any feedback welcome.

2 Likes