New plugin for Segmenting cells in 3D that we would like to include as a plugin for fiji

Hello, we have developed a new plugin for use with ImageJ and Fiji. I have made the source available online here:

I would like to release this as a plugin with Fiji, if possible.

Currently I have an issue building the project because JFilament is a snapshot. I am not sure how to fix that, do I just change the pom.xml version and when jenkins gets around to it, the new version will be available?

Thank you.

The work was recently published here.

We are working on a page for the plugin, that is not up yet, but will be soon.

3 Likes

Great! I suggest creating an update site for your plugin, so that users can easily install it.

Yes, you should definitely release a non-SNAPSHOT version by changing the pom.xml (and then bump to the next SNAPSHOT version for further development). I’m not sure about the way this gets deployed to maven.imagej.net, maybe @ctrueden can comment on that.

May I suggest to also create a documentation page on the wiki, or at least link to your own page from there?

Is the snapshot version older than the release version? I see there is already a release. Can’t you just use that one? Otherwise you can make a new release and update the dependency in the pom.

@iarganda The release version has happened since I asked the question. I updated the pom.xml and it re-compiled jfilament program automatically. And yes, I can use that one.

@imagejan When I finish the local page, I will put a snippet on the wiki and link that page.

From what I understand, when I update JFilament it gets auto-compiled. To keep the previous release and have newer snapshots I should bump the minor version number, and add snapshot label for subsequent development?

Yes, but I don’t know how many of those steps are already automatized by Jenkins. Probably @ctrueden can answer that.

Yes, that’s the current state of the Double-push to master workflow.

2 Likes

@odinsbane I advise reading the Development Lifecycle page to understand how the process works, starting from source code and ending with JAR files distributed via the ImageJ updater.

In particular, read and understand the “Double push to master” section that @imagejan mentioned, so that you manage your versions properly.

1 Like