[NEUBIAS Academy] new webinar mini-series on Cytomine environment for collaborative Bioimage Analysis

Dear all,

NEUBIAS Academy proposes a new short series of two webinars centered on the Cytomine environment for collaborative Bioimage Analysis,

to happen on May 4 & May 11 at 15h30-17h00 CEST (Brussels Time):

MAY 4: Introduction to Cytomine: a generic tool for collaborative annotation on the web ,
with the presentations by Raphaël Marée (Uni Liège, BE) and Grégoire Vincke (Cytomine, BE)

MAY 11: Cytomine and BIAFLOWS for data and computer scientists,
with the presentations by Raphaël Marée (Uni Liège, BE) and Sébastien Tosi (IRB Barcelona, ES)

Register now (single link for both webinars)

You’ll find more information on those webinars on neubiasacademy.org

Please spread the word !

On behalf of the NEUBIAS Academy organization committee

2 Likes

Follow up question for @maree Thank you very much for your talks. Cytomine is very impressive with many features and functions.

My question arose from May 4th talk when you showed us the JSON output. It seems that there were many decimal places in some of that data. Hence my original question on the prceision used wtihin the software. As the underlying data is an image aquired by camera senosrs with resolutions in pixels, i.e. integers, therefore, segmentation, annotation data by hand shouldn’t be more than a couple of decimal places in accuracy. If the result of a cell wall is segmented to say 12.3456 pixel value, then I doubt the meaning of the data, since it is difficult to see the significant of a 0.0456 of a pixel, given the underlying experimental data captured by instruments was in pixels. Of course you may have converted the data to metre or mm instead of pixel unit, hence you had a long row of decimals. You also used machine learning and other methods. My personal view is that having a long row of decimals does not necessary mean that it is a better or more accurate result and in some ways it maybe better that the data to be rounded off to reflect the accuracy that is being considered and measured.