NEUBIAS Academy @ Home

Dear Bioimaging Colleagues,

We are thrilled to announce the opening of the NEUBIAS Academy!

https://neubiasacademy.org

NEUBIAS Academy is a new initiative, aimed to provide sustainable material and activities focused on Training in Bioimage Analysis.

NEUBIAS Academy capitalizes on the success of NEUBIAS’ 15 Training Schools (2016-2020) that have supported over 400 trainees (Early Career Scientists, Facility Staff and Bioimage Analysts), but could not satisfy the high and increasing demand (almost 1000 applicants). A team of about 20 members will interact with a larger pool of hundreds of trainers, analysts and developers to bring knowledge and bleeding-edge updates to the community.

Where do we start?
NEUBIAS Academy @ Home: Online events

NEUBIAS aims to support the community with a new series of live online events targeting all levels of Bioimage Analysis Technology, with intensive activity to best serve the community during the currently challenging period of confinement:

• Live Online Courses will provide interactivity with the audience (e.g. exercises in virtual breakout rooms),
  • Live Webinars will target a larger audience with specific topics, software tools, theoretical content or critical updates, from introductions to concepts to very advanced implementations. Questions and Answers will be moderated by experts. Webinars will be recorded and made available on Youtube NEUBIAS Channel, and a thread per event will be opened here in the image.sc Forum to report Q&As and to welcome further questions/comments.

Starting list of confirmed events:

• 14-15 April: ImageJ/Fiji Macro Programming, online course (open for Registration)
  • 21 April: Introduction to Machine Learning and DeepImageJ (open for Registration )
  • 22 April: Bioimage Analysis with Icy (open for Registration)
  • 29 April: Quantitative Pathology and Bioimage Analysis: QuPath v0.2.0
  • 30 April: Advanced Image Processing with MorphoLibJ

You’ll find more information on https://neubiasacademy.org
Please spread the word
On behalf of the NEUBIAS Academy organisation committee

33 Likes

Hi @Christian_Tischer,
Thank you for sharing the announcement.
The NEUBIAS Academy sounds very exciting and it is exactly what we need in order to improve the imaging / microscopy literacy within the community to guarantee high standards.
Best wishes,
Ulrike

4 Likes

Very nice and portat initiative. How would you envision a possible involvement of commercial partners parterners or us such a thing of the table anyway?

Sure at some point companies have a interest beyond pure teaching but I honestly think that descent knowledge in bioimage analysis is not the enemy of commercial software solutions… :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for bringing this up! We are open to discuss a possible involvement of commercial partners. Please contact us here: info@neubiasacademy.org

1 Like

More events are open for registration at https://neubiasacademy.org/!

• 29 April: Quantitative Pathology and Bioimage Analysis: QuPath v0.2.0 (register now)
  • 30 April: Advanced Image Processing with MorphoLibJ (register now)
1 Like

HI everyone.

Is there a way to register to events without relying on a Google account?

Best regards, Marc.

1 Like

Dear mmongy, the use of an account helps us to make sure that attendees can only register once. Please deal with this, the content of NEUBIAS Academy is worth the creation of a google account!
Thanks,
best regards,
Rocco D’Antuono

1 Like

Hi @Christian_Tischer ,

Last week I signed up for the online courses and I haven’t got any email saying whether I’m in or not.
Have these been sent already ?

Thanks a lot, I love the program.

Hello @LPUoO
we confirm attendance once the event is fully booked (right now the events of 14-15 April and 21 April are), and inform the people over the capacity of the events they will be on waiting list.
Confirmed attendants receive the link to the webinar on the day of the webinar.

FYI, about 2% of registrants enter the wrong email address, which may fail to send the automatic response from the registration form, we try to track&fix those typos when possible,
Best
Julien

2 Likes

Dear colleagues,

Please find below some updates on the next events of the NEUBIAS Academy @Home,

Newly confirmed events:

NEW, 23 April:
In Defence of Image Data and Analysis Integrity, by Kota Miura Register now !

NEW, 28 April:
Introduction to nuclei segmentation with StarDist, by Martin Weigert et al Register now !

NEW, 6 May:
GPU-Accelerated Image Processing with CLIJ2, by Robert Haase Register now !

Other events open to registration, few seats left !

22 April:
Bioimage Analysis with Icy, by Marion Louveux Register now
29 April:
Quantitative Pathology and Bioimage Analysis: QuPath v0.2.0, By Pete Bankhead Register now
30 April:
Advanced Image Processing with MorphoLibJ, by David Legland Register now

A week after the opening of the Academy and of the registrations, the first events are already full,

14-15 April: IJ/Fiji Macro Programming, online course. FULL (capacity: 100, 1000 registrations!)
21 April: Introduction to Machine Learning and DeepImageJ. FULL (capacity: 500, 800 registrations!)

While these numbers make us happy with such shared enthusiasm about these events, they’re also pointing out that more than one event will be required to fulfill the demand !
If you registered too late, or you can’t follow on that day, don’t worry! The events will be recorded and available on our Youtube NEUBIAS Channel. Furthermore, a thread will be opened in the image.sc Forum to report Q&As and to welcome further questions/comments for each event.

You’ll find more information on https://neubiasacademy.org

Please spread the word.

On behalf of the NEUBIAS Academy organization committee

3 Likes

Hi Christian.

Unfortunately the course " 14-15
April: ImageJ/Fiji Macro Programming, online course" is fully booked. You wrote that Webinars
will be recorded and made available on the Youtube NEUBIAS Channel. Since my English is not that good I think it’s a good thing for me to review the formation during a recorded video so I could stop, rewind and relisten to catch everything. After the webinars
will be on Youtube could you give me the links or title so I could listen to those trainings ?

Thanks
very much !

Thank you for the question!
The videos will be posted here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-oy7UpEhRfHQ-5ePCviKFg

Hi,

When will the “14-15 April: IJ/Fiji Macro Programming, online course” be posted on Youtube?

As soon as possible, but it requires editing because of privacy issues (pictures of attendees in the video), the team of organizers is working on it at the moment,
J

2 Likes