Mutlichannel zvi image analysis

Hello,
I am a new Cellprofiler user and I am trying to do analysis of % of fluorescent positive cells respect to total cells (nuclei staining). I got a pipeline from a labmate and it works very well except that in her case all the images are as tiff each channel in a different file. In my case both channels are in the same zvi file. So my question is: to run this analysis do I have to previously convert each image from zvi to 2 tiff files (one for each channel) or is there a way that cellprofiler can read this images directly?

Thank you very much!

Guada

Hi Guada,

Yes, you should be able to analyze the zvi files directly. Within CellProfiler, take a look at Help > Creating a Project > Loading Image Stacks and Movies. In the middle section, find “Basic image sequences consisting of a single file” (yours is considered a “stack”).

Similar instructions in PDF form (as far as I know this is up-to-date) can be found on our Tutorials page called “Loading image stacks and movies [PDF]”.

Good luck! Let us know if you have troubles.
David

Hi David,
Thank you very much! I am right now also trying to add a step in my pipeline that enhanced the brightness of one of the channels as a first step. It is only for visualization purposes since the when I identify primary objects in this channels the programs recognizes the positive cells but I wanted to add a visualization step where I can add the overlap in the image which right now without the brightness enhancement is quite dark. Is there a way to achieve this without changing the information contain in the image for further analysis?

Thank you very much!

Guada