Multipoint counter - consecutive Count over several sessions

Hi Guys. Happy New Year one and all. I’m sure there must be a way to do this, but I cant work it out. I’m using the multipoint counter to mark points of interest on my slide. Each point marked gets a number automatically annotated, so it is easily recognisable against my related csv and excel files. At the end of my session having marked my points, I bring them up as a measure array and save this as a csv, and for completeness I also save it as an XY coords Txt file as well. Finally, having added them as a selection I save the image too.

So For arguments sake, I have marked and saved points 1 - 20. When I go back to the image for a new session though, there does not seem to be a way of starting my new point count at point 21. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I am missing. I need to be able to count points consecutively over more than one session, but I cant work out how to achieve it. Any helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys .

Best wishes

AndyT

Hi
@AndyT
Did you save your “count-points” with Roi Manager?
An example below:

run("Blobs (25K)");
//setTool("multipoint");
run("Point Tool...", "type=Hybrid color=Red size=Small label counter=0");
makePoint(72, 40, "small red hybrid");
roiManager("Add");
roiManager("Save", "--------your folder----------");
``
Then reopen your unannotated image + the Roi Manager recording?
Something like this:

run(“Blobs (25K)”);
open("----------your Folder--------------.roi");

I hope it meets your expectations.

Hi @AndyT,

You need to save the points and counts using either File>SaveAs>Tiff or File>Save As>Selection.

1 Like

Hi Wayne and Mathew. Between you, that has sorted out the issue. Many thanks to both of you and many thanks for the promptness of your reply - I’ve added you both to my list of people to thank when I finally get around to writing up my thesis. Appreciate it guys. Have a great 2021.

All the best

AndyT

1 Like