MongoDB compatibility with TANGO plugin

fiji

Hello,
I get the following error message when I try to execute TANGO/Configure/Create MongoDB service:

Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.
At D:\Image Analysis Software\Fiji.app\lib\Win64\installMongoDBAsAService.ps1:5 char:9

•     & Start-Process $mongoDBPath\bin\mongod.exe -Verb runAs -argu ...

•     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:slight_smile: [Start-Process], InvalidOperationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartProcessCommand

D:\Image Analysis Software\Fiji.app\lib\Win64>

On the TANGO web site, it says the plugin is only compatible with MongoDB version 3.0.0. I went to the MongoDB download site and the oldest version available is 3.0.15 and that is what I installed. I have all the installed files in the proper folders, so I wonder if there is a version incompatibility that results in the error message. I couldn’t find a web site from which I could download MongoDB 3.0.0. Are there any other TANGO plugin users here? Does anyone know where I can get MongoDB 3.0.0? Thank you for your help.

Mary

It looks like the error message was not accurately copied so I typed it in myself below:

Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified. At D:\Image Analysis Software\Fiji.app\lib\Win64\installMongoDBAsAService.ps1:5 char:9

• & Start-Process $mongoDBPath\bin\mongod.exe  -Verb runAs -argu ...

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     + CategoryInfo              : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-Process], InvalidOperationException
     + FullyQualifiedErrorID : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.Powershell.Commands.StartProcessCommand

D:\Image Analysis Software\Fiji.app\lib\Win64>

Any other TANGO users out there? Where can I find MongoDB 3.0.0? Or is there another problem I’m not seeing? Thank you for your help.

Mary

Hi @ConfocalIndy,

The installation of TANGO and MongoDB can be tricky unfortunately. I think the problem here is not related to MongoDB but Windows. FYI I run TANGO on Linux with MongoDB 3.6 without any problems.

Best,

Thomas

Thank you for responding. Do you know of any instances in which TANGO runs on Windows 10? I’ve never used Linux.

Which version of Linux do you use? Ubuntu, CentOs, etc? Thanks.

Hi,

I managed to install and run TANGO on windows 2012 server, I downloded mongodb3.6.8 and use the msi installer, then I created the log and data directory and finally run the server mongod.exe, I use mongodb 3.6.8. I followed these instructions here. Then you need to install TANGO and configure database module.

For Linux I use Ubuntu 18.04.

Best,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I’ve never used any form of Linux before, but I will give it a whirl. Thank you for your help and I will let you know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Mary

I managed to get TANGO working on my laptop finally. I ran version 4.0 mongo.exe, then mongod.exe and waited until the connection to the database was established. Then I opened Fiji and configured the database in TANGO, and started it up and it runs well on the latest release of Fiji in Windows 10. I think my problem was that I didn’t establish the database connection. Thank you so much for your help!

Mary

Hi @ConfocalIndy,

Thanks for your feedback, and glad to see it is working now, however I never tried using MongoDB 4 before, so please report any bug if you find one.

Best,

Thomas