Micro manager with canon dslr

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up micromanager to work with my Canon DSLR on a Zeiss Axioscope on a Windows 10 computer. I’ve downloaded and set up DSLRRemotePro. However, it still doesn’t come up in the list of Available Devices when in the micromanager Hardware Configuration Wizard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to this forum @asp,

Koen De Vleeschauwer, the author of the ThetheredCam device adapter that you are trying to use, is no longer actively supporting this device adapter. Many years ago, I tried using it with the Canon DSLR that I used to have, and found that it kind a worked, but did not end up to be very useful. One detail I noted on the TetheredCam - Micro-Manager page, is that it is 32-bits only, which means that you need to install a 32-bit version of Micro-Manager. If that is indeed what you are using, I have no suggestions other following the instructions to the letter, and if it still does not work, we should a note to that page to warn others.

Hi Nico,

Thanks for this info. I was trying with the 64-bit version, so I’ll give it a shot with the 32-bit and let you know if that ends up working or not. Do you know of any other ways of getting a Canon to work with Micro-Manager (or, if not, other potential software I could explore)?

Thanks,

Ayla