Micro-Manager VPAT/ACR

Have the developers of Micro-Manager completed a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)/Accessibility Conformance Report (ACR) using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A and AA criteria?

https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility/vpat

Not as far as I’m aware.

Is there a way to request that the developers fill out those forms?

I would like to help efforts regarding accessibility, even though our software will probably get a relatively low rating in its current state (we have made some design choices to help color-blind people, but we are not sure how to address the needs of blind people in imaging software like ours). And you’ve contacted the right place.

But “the developers” are just a few researchers at different universities, with no corporate-style admin support for this kind of thing. I’ve just spent more than half an hour trying to figure out what this actually entails, but the link you posted above uses language that I don’t comprehend, probably because it is written for a very different kind of audience (for one thing, I am unable to locate “those forms”).

So, to be completely frank, I have no idea how to address this, or even whether we have the capability to address this (in terms of expertise, that is; in terms of human and financial resources, we definitely do not). If this is prompted by your organization requiring this documentation, I encourage you to ask the appropriate department of your organization for help with how to comply with your organization’s requirements in the case of free and open source software projects that are not backed by a corporate vendor. I would expect that many such projects are not equipped to deal with this kind of thing without some external support mechanism.

1 Like