Micro-Manager Multi-D Acquisition always acquiring channels before slices

Hi, In Multi-D Acq. I am trying to acquire images in the order channel-zStack (that is, (C1Z1), (C1Z2), …). Therefore in the Multi-D Acquisition window under Acquisition Order I select “Channel, Slice”.
However, when I do this, the images are still acquired in the order zStack-channel (that is, (Z1C1), (Z1C2), …). This happens whether I select “Channel, Slice”, or “Slice, Channel” as the Acquisition Order. In other words, it seems to be ignoring the Acquisition Order setting.
What am I doing wrong? I am using Micro-Manager 2.0.0 gamma Aug. 27, 2020 version on Windows 10.
Thank you.
Best regards,
John

Hi John,

Thanks for bringing this up. It was just reported in private email as well, and appears to be a bug introduced a few months ago. I will look into it soon.

Found the bug and fixed it in the code. Was introduced on July 17th (by me;) so earlier builds should be OK. I started a new nightly build that should be ready in 30 minutes, so builds of August 28 and later should have the fix.

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much! I installed the Aug. 28 version and as you said it acquires “Channel, Slice” correctly. This is amazing support!

John

John

Nico rocks :slight_smile:
Kudos!

John Ramunas via Image.sc Forum @ 28/08/2020 23:43 -0300 dixit: