I 'm using MM to drive an ASI© XYZ stage + Piezo + LED and I am having troubles while trying the software autofocus routines (mostly during MDA, it occurs less during test mode). In fact, when I launch the MDA with autofocus, MM returns an “error in device : Serial command failed. Is the device connected to the serial port? (14)” for all the ASI serial adapters. Everything works like a charm without the autofocus routine ON.
Therefore, my guess is that the ASI devices are a bit slower than the AnswerTimeout of the adapter (500ms) in some cases, and return the serial error. However, I can’t change this value in the adapter manager, it’s simply not applying when I enter a new value.
- I’m using USB to control the ASI adapters on w10 and will try RS232 ASAP.
- Very last version of MM
- Energy mode of w10 is set on high performances and I disabled USB sleep.
- When I go the the adapter managers, MM tells me “Your driver library is not up todate. We strongly recommend to update the device driver. Your library version: 3.2.4. Recommanded library version: >= 3.2.7” but I don’t get why since everything is up to date (Windows, MM, ASI drivers) and it tells me the same even when I remove all adapters. What is it referring to?
- Do you know if the serial error during the autofocus routine of the MDA could arise from the timeout being too low?
- Do you know how to change the AnswerTimeout value of the ASI adapters?
- Could my problem come from the “USB drivers library not to date”?
I hope Nico sees this message !