Micro-manager HamamatsuHam Device adapter

Hello

I was trying to install micromanager on a new Ti2 eclipse microscope with a Hamamatsu C14440-20UP camera. I was noticed that the HamamatsuHam Device adapter is no longer included in the latest Micromanager builds.

Is there a way to add back in the HamamatsuHam device adapter?

Thanks

Thurston

Hi thurston,

Just to make sure that the device adapter is actually missing, can you check that mmgr_dal_HamamatsuHam.dll is missing from your installation directory?

If the dll file is there but you’re not seeing it in the configuration manager then you probably need to install Hamamatsus DCAM API to your computer, this is a dependency for the Micro-Manager device adapter.

–Nick

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the rapid reply. So the mmgr_dal_HamamatsuHam.dll is missing from the nightly builds. I copied it from a older version (1.4.22) on another system I have using a older OrcaFlash camera. After that the HamamatsuHam device showed up but was listed as unavailable. I have installed the DCAM_API for the camera (I think though I haven’t been able to figure out how to check if the camera works with the DCAM_API). The camera works with Nikon Elements so that is functional on some level.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Thurston

Actually I got it working after using a version of micromanager2.0 gama from 20200212.

That version of the nightly build had the HamamatsuHam device adapter and it was functional.

I will put an issue in their git repository.

Thanks Thurston

There were some updates to the code that needed a new SDK to build against. Things seem settled, and the new adapter should be present in tonight’s build.

Running the latest nightly build (20210317) for 2.0 and latest DCAM-API (v21.3.6203), we can no long switch a Fusion BT into the high speed readout mode.

I emailed Hamamatsu before I found this thread. I’ll update once we get some more information from them.

@nicost - some of this is part of testing the sequence buffer changes you mentioned in the pycromanager repo. We were / are having new sequence buffer overflow issues, even at low data rates, with the changes.