Micro-manager 2.0 live zoom width extremely narrow!

Hello,

I’m having a bit of a problem with the live preview on the latest version of micro-manager 2.0. I’m on Windows 10.

When I open up the live preview I get this extremely narrow slice of the image (see attached picture). When I zoom in, the zoom window is stuck zooming on this slice that is snapped the vertical limits of the image. Eventually if you keep zooming out the live view becomes incredibly small, but with the correct aspect ratio. When zooming back in, the same narrow slice is chosen again.

If I save the image/snap and then open in ImageJ, the image appears normal.

The workaround I have come up with is to put the live preview into full screen, then zoom and then exit full screen. This fixes the problem until I zoom in or out again in windowed mode.

I’ve tried resetting my preferences several times, looking at the registry and uninstalling/reinstalling micromanager with no success.

This is happening with both the demo config file and with a config file with only a Andor Zyla 5.5 camera added in.

zoomed_all_the_way_out zooming_in

Any idea on what is going on here?

This is very strange! When you make a new profile in MM (on the startup screen) and use that new profile, do you run into the same problem?

Hey that fixed it! Weird stuff, I guess my default profile got corrupted or something. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! Just FYI, the profiles are stored in your user directory/AppData/Local/Micro-Manager/UserProfiles. It would be somewhat interesting if you can post the offending profile, just in case something obvious stands out and we prevent others from running into the same problem. Then delete the profile from your system so that you can re-use the profile name (if you would like to).