we are glad to announce that Microscopy Image Browser (MIB) has joined the image.sc forum as a community partner. It fills exciting be a part of this community and we are looking forward into it.
For those, who are not familiar with MIB, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce it in brief. MIB is a software package for image processing, segmentation, analysis and visualization of multidimensional datasets. It was designed for efficient work with 3D electron microscopy datasets, but we also successfully applied it in various light microscopy projects. MIB is written in Matlab and distributed as Matlab-compatible and standalone (compiled for Windows and MacOS) packages. The original software was published in 2016 in PLOS Biology but it is still under the continuous development.
- Generation of multi-dimensional image stacks (height:width:colors:depth:time) from up to 100 image and video formats, OMERO server, Fiji and Imaris
- Virtual stacking mode for browsing datasets larger than available memory
- Large collection of image processing, manual and semi-automatic segmentation tools
- Quantification of 2D/3D objects
- Export of images or models directly to Fiji and Imaris or as files in Matlab, Amira, IMOD, STL, TIF, NRRD, Fiji BigDataViewer, Ilastik formats
- Direct 3D visualization using isosurfaces and volume rendering, Fiji 3D viewer and Imaris
- Customizable Undo system
- Customizable Keyboard shortcuts
- Extendable with custom plugins
- Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2
Ilya Belevich and MIB team