Merging channels in the micro manager

Is it possible to merge two different channels in the multi-Dimensional Acq?

Hi @zahra_zarei,

I do not understand what you want to accomplish. Can you please describe in detail what you are doing, what you want to accomplish, and what you think is missing in functionality to accomplish your goal?

In the multi-Dimensional Acq window, you can choose different channel groups, like objectives group or filters group but you can’t have both groups at the same time. I want to know if there is any way that I can have two different channel groups? like both filter and objective.
I know that I can define a group and add filter and objective in the group and then add the group as a channel. But the problem is that if I define them as a group, I can’t change the orders of properties in the group(I can’t change the filter first and then move the objective in the group. )

Why does it matter if the filter or the objective moves first? The result will be the same.

honestly, since I have a DLP in the microscope, it does matter.
I have two different channels: one of them is the 10X objective with a standard epi-fluorescence dichroic beamsplitter cube (for illuminating the sample with the DLP through 10X objective), and the second one is the 4X objective with the cy5 filter cube (for taking the fluorescent image).
right now, the presets order is moving the objective first and then moving the cube. I need to move the cube first. the reason is that if I move the objective first, the sample will be illuminated with the DLP for at lease 200~300 ms through 4X objective.(if I move the cube first, I can prevent the sample to be illuminated with the 4X)

What controls the light to the DLP? Make sure that it is off unless you need it be on.

The problem is that I don’t have control over DLP through the micromanager and I have to keep it on. the only thing I can do is putting the dichroic beamsplitter in the light path or removing it to control the illumination.

You can turn the dichroic beamsplitter into a logical shutter device using the Utilities > StateDeviceShutter. I am not completely sure about all the consequences of doing so.

You can also try to edit the config file, and change the order of things in the channel definitions to your liking. I believe (not 100% sure) that they are executed in the order listed there.

I couldn’t change the order of things in the channel definitions. Would you please explain how to do that?

Open the configuration file in a text editor (such as Notepad). Edit the order of properties in the channel definitions, save the file and load in MM. Check if it makes a difference (again, I am not sure that it does).

Oh, thank you very much. I’ll try it.