Measuring wall thickness of plastic extruded sample

Thanks Herbie, that is outstanding work and will save me an incredible amount of processing time.
Can I paypal you some beer (or whatever) money or something? Other than that all I can offer is an acknowledgement in my thesis :joy:

I have one last question; I’m assuming it is possible for the macro to report each individual measurement event as well as reporting the mean/min/max values?

Good day,

and good to hear that the code fits your needs.

Yes, in any case please mention in reports, theses or publications that you’ve received help. For details click my name. A beer is metaphorically accepted as well: Cheers!

The problem with your last question is the way you like to see the data outputted. Per image you get 360 plus three rows. So do you like to see the data in separate tables and files that are saved to the folder with the images. This would be a possible solution: one data-file per image.

Regards

Herbie

Perhaps a good output would be 360 columns and a single row for the raw measurements per sample? (sacrificing the mean/min/max calcs)
(or preferably the inverse with 360 rows and 1 column per sample? [if that is even possible))
eg:

That way it would keep the data in a single file for many images together, and make it fairly easy to import into statistical software to delve a bit deeper (make a nice histogram etc)

Good day!

Perhaps a good output would be 360 columns and a single row for the raw measurements per sample?

That’s the way to go because the alternative doesn’t comply with the ImageJ table idea.
(A transpose function is available with most of the better spread-sheet applications.)

Here is the corresponding zipped macro code:
_batchWallThickness-CoC.zip (1.2 KB)

For possible changes you need to learn macro coding which isn’t difficult at all:
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/developer/macro/macros.html
https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/developer/macro/functions.html

Good luck

Herbie

Cheers Herbie, that’s awesome.
Thanks so much for all of your help!

Kerr