Measure precipitate size

Dear all,
I have taken a SEM picture for stainless steel material. I used Fiji (imageJ software) for measuring the precipitate size. Then, the results showed average size of precipitate but I do not know that this results was following x or y, or another direction (because the precipitate shape is complex, this is not circle, rectangular,…)
May you share me the information regarding average size of precipitate with complex shape. I mean how about ImageJ measure the size of precipitate?

I am looking forward to hearing advice from you

Thank you very much,

Good day,

without seeing any typical images and a detailed description of what you like to analyze we are unable to help.

Regards

Herbie

1 Like

how does the direction of a geometrical figure influence its size?

Sorry, but I have no idea of what is what in your image and what and how you are measuring using ImageJ.

As I’ve written, please report in detail what you want and what you are presently doing. We need precise descriptions. Perhaps someone can help you with proper formulations in good English.

Regards

Herbie

Good day,

the size or area of a particle is given by its number of pixels. If you set a scale, e.g. µm, then the size is given according to the scale, e.g. in µm^2.

i would like to know which direction the result measured for getting average size.

I don’t understand what you mean by direction.

Regards

Herbie

1 Like