Just a heads up that Maven 3.4.0 (not yet released) currently has problematic behavior with respect to ImageJ and Fiji component builds. See these links for details:
The two main problems with Maven 3.4.0 are:
- You can no longer override managed version properties in your POM’s
- Building previous release tags of Fiji and other complex SciJava-based components will no longer produce the same dependency trees as with Maven 3.3.x and earlier.
I have registered my concerns with these changes upstream, but it seems likely that the changes will not be reverted. So let this serve as a warning:
- The details of how we manage SciJava component versions will need to change.
- Expect broken builds if you adopt Maven 3.4.0 when it is released.
- Stay away from Maven 3.4.0 until we sort out how to proceed.