Manual segmentation, mesh generation and 3d display

Hi! I am trying to overcome issues with the segmentation plugins and 3d mesh representation using Fiji.

I work on 4D movies of endosomes. I want to manually reconstruct small subsets of endosomes, so I can better visualize the sequences of fusion/ fission events.

I have been working on a single timepoint for a start ( so one x, y, z stack). I used the segmentation editor to obtain a binary file containing my labelled outlines (labels.tif) but I fail to produce the mesh from these outlines when calling ‘Create_Surfaces’ from the ‘segmentation’ plugin folder ( exception message copied below) .

On the other hand, the video tutorial #2 ( https://imagej.net/3D_Viewer) seems to suggest I could simply ‘add’ my labels.tif from the ImageJ 3D viewer using the Contents\ Add mesh choice in the tool bar of the viewer, but my version ( more recent?) of the viewer doesn’t offer these options ( attached screen shot). I suppose I would be able to add the mesh using File\Import surfaces if I was able to produce it using Create_Surfaces, though.

I would be really grateful for any advice, Thanks!

Exception message when using create surfaces:
(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-69/1.52i; Java 1.8.0_172 [64-bit]; Windows 10 10.0; 1471MB of 12146MB (12%)

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.scijava.vecmath.Point3f cannot be cast to javax.vecmath.Point3f

at meshtools.CheckMesh.check(CheckMesh.java:72)

at segment3d.Create_Surfaces.checkMesh(Create_Surfaces.java:372)

at segment3d.Create_Surfaces.getNeuropilMesh(Create_Surfaces.java:310)

at segment3d.Create_Surfaces.createSurfaces(Create_Surfaces.java:393)

at segment3d.Create_Surfaces.runFromLabelfield(Create_Surfaces.java:176)

at segment3d.Create_Surfaces.run(Create_Surfaces.java:97)

at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.processOneImage(PlugInFilterRunner.java:266)

at ij.plugin.filter.PlugInFilterRunner.<init>(PlugInFilterRunner.java:114)

at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:230)

at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:192)

at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:137)

at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:66)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)