Make "Recent Commands" window persistent and non-modal

I’m an avid user of the “Repeat a recent command” that is found in Fiji’s Plugins>Utilities menu and can be quickly called using cmd+9. It opens a window with shortcuts to recently and frequently opened commands:

However, the window is a modal one, and can only be used by pressing a command before it disappears. It would be great to have this as a persistent, non modal window that would update constantly with the recently used commands and can be used to recall any of them at any time without having to call the Recent commands plugin each time.

Would it be possible to do this? Maybe @haesleinhuepf as you do wonders with the autocomplete stuff, does this sound reasonable? Ideally, a checkbox in the “Options” menu of the window to toggle persistent/single use mode would be great.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Here is an idea (dream). One solution could be that the command history recorded not only with those executed in REPL console (this is already there), but, and here is the idea, also with all commands selected via GUI menu tree recorded and appears in the REPL history when “persistent” checkbox in the script editor.

This is like integrating command recorder and “recent command” into the script editor. Really powerful.

1 Like

Let me just get @frauzufall in the loop :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Robert!!!
(I added all these exclamation marks because posts should be more than 20 characters :thinking:)

1 Like