Loading avi or tiff movie file

Hi, sorry for such a simple question, but your manual implies cellprofiler 2.0 should be able to load movie files. However, the drop down box in my loadimages module only seems to allow individual images or stk. Upon starting cellprofiler, I do get a few errors, one of which is:
File “cellprofiler\modules\loadimages.pyc” line 58, in

Did I miss something, or is my problem due to this error?

Thanks,

Dave

This must be due to the errors. You should have images, stk movies, avi movies, and flex files populating the drop-down.
Do you mean that CP2 installed without issue, but upon execution of a pipeline it failed? Did you try an example pipeline from our website?

Also, what architecture are you running? PC/Mac? 32/64-bit? Do you have Java installed?

David

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did not get any errors during installation. These errors appear in a command window upon starting CP2. I am using winxp 64. I know there is no 64bit version of CP2, but I was under the impression 32 bit software usually runs fine on 64 arch. I have java 6 installed.

thank you,

Dave

Edit: I installed on a 32 bit machine and do not have this problem, so I guess it is an architecture issue.

We are now aware of the exception/crash behavior you see when choosing LoadImages’ tif/flex movie option. It works in the Developer’s version, and so we missed it in the compiled. We’re working on it, and will report back soon. Beta means beta!

Thanks,
David

This bug should be fixed now. Please download again and let us know.

Thanks,
David