I have a request quite similar to the one above, and I would like to confirm whether my approach with ImageJ is correct.
It is for my professional job, it is very important, and I do not know ImageJ or even macro very well.
I will be very grateful for your help…
I have several images like that :
I am looking for the area of all elements in orange, and the percentage of the total surface it covers.
I went through different tutorials, and forum topics, and I just want to confirm if my procedure for analyzing the area is correct:
- Set a scale
- Select the region to analyze by drawing a rectanle comprising the total surface
- Do a color threshold
- Analyze > Analyze particules
- Results > Area and summary
Here is what I get :
- Are 1, 2, 3…19, …the numeroted particles in black appearing on previous picture ?
- how can I visualize the numeroted particles on my original image ?
- how can I visualize the numeroted particles on my black and white image ?
Here is the summary I get:
Before: count = 718 ; % Area : 35.747
After: count = 872 ; % Area : 21.285
I do not understand:
For “after” picture, there is less orange than for “before”, however the summary counts more particules for “after” than for “before”… does ImageJ analyze black particles ?
Is it the % area of my orange particles compared to the entire surface of my sample ? It is in contradiction with my question 1 though…
Am I having the correct result with my procedure: is “% area”, the % of surface covered by orange particules ?