Linux Cellprofiler

cellprofiler

Hi

I was just wondering when the updated version of CellProfiler for Linux will be released? Also, the downloads for previous versions of linux cell profiler have been disabled, is this deliberate?

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,

The new Linux version should be up in the next few days or so – I had to request Matlab 2008a be installed on our Linux machine and I’m just waiting on that.
And I’ve updated the Previous Release links which got broken for no good reason recently. Thanks for alerting us.

David

The new compiled Linux (“5811Bugfix”) is on the website, along with the MCRInstaller_glnxa64.bin.
Note:
(1) You need to install the MCRInstaller first
(2) The CellProfilerForLinux.command script is out of date. Please use “./run_CellProfiler.sh <location of your MCR/v78>” to execute CellProfiler (or you can of course update your CellProfilerForLinux.command using run_CellProfiler.sh as a guide).

FYI: I was impatient, so I compiled this on our Linux cluster which runs SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) kernel 2.6.8-24.25-smp, and tested it on a 64-bit Linux desktop running Debian GNU/Linux 4.0, kernel 2.6.18-6-amd64 and it worked fine.

Let us know if you have any troubles.
David