Leaving LOCI, but not the community

Hello everyone!

It is with mixed emotions that I must announce I will be leaving the ImageJ team at LOCI. My last day will be June 17th.

LOCI has been a wonderful home for me and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the ImageJ community. I am confident LOCI will continue to do great things to support science through open software, and look forward to seeing what frameworks and solutions come next (as I would like to keep using them!).

For personal reasons my family will be relocating to Minnesota, so I will be moving to a position developing open-source software for visualizing genomic data. I’m excited to continue supporting scientific research through flexible, open tools.

As always, the best way to get support for any LOCI/ImageJ project is by posting here on the forum.

Happy sciencing to all

• Mark
12 Likes

Thank you Mark for everything you have done for ImageJ and its community over the past five years. You have been an invaluable asset to the projects, and a real stand up guy, too. :smile: I wish you the very best in your new position, and look forward to continuing to work with you in whatever ways our paths still cross.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot Mark for everything you’ve done. I especially appreciate all the time you’ve spent helping myself and others.

1 Like

Thanks for everything Mark! It was a pleasure to work with you and especially meeting you in person on all the hackathons! Please find a project which allows you to visit us … one day we have to make it to the Riesenregenwurmerlebnispfad :wink:

1 Like

You will be missed! Good luck on your new position!

Forsaking the badgers, for arch rivals - unbelievable! (kidding of course).

Best of luck in the future, Mark. Hope we cross paths again.

1 Like

Mark, good luck in your new position. It was nice working with you back when I was implementing our H.26x plugin. I am glad you will still be in the community.

Best Wishes.

Hey Mark,

it was a pleasure getting to know you. I wish you all the best at your new position and for your personal future.
Hope to still hear from you once in a while here in the forum.

Kind regards,
Jan