Learning ImgLib2 development

imglib2

To learn ImgLib2 plugin development I started on a plugin that converts a IntegerType image into a dense ranked version of itself. It can be found here: https://github.com/rharkes/Dense-Rank-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/nl/nki/imagej/Dense_Rank_plugin.java
This is only my second attempt at trying to work with ImgLib2. I like it a lot, but I am not confident that I find the best way of building a plugin. Would someone maybe have a quick look at my code and see if there are things I could have done better? Any advise would be appreciated! For example, would it have been better to program an OPS instead of what I did here?

As a next step I would like to use this ranked image to calculate and subtract a temporal sliding median. Preferably running in parallel over each pixel. With ImageJ1 I made a threadarray depending on Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors(); and gave each thread an AtomicInteger that corresponded with the pixel it needed to work on. Can I still do that with ImgLib2, or is this method obsolete now and does ImgLib2 have smarter ways of doing parallel computing?

I use Eclipse as IDE.

1 Like