The Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry is one of the largest institutes of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science and conducts basic research to advance knowledge and benefit society. Innovative projects and interdisciplinary cooperation characterize research within the Max Planck Society.
The Live-cell Imaging Facility is seeking to recruit at the next possible date a technical assistant.
- Carry out routine cleaning, calibration and maintenance of flow cytometers and FACS equipment, as well as other biophysical equipment and microscopes in the Facility, and coordinate with manufacturers, as required
- Support and training of Facility users in sample preparation (e.g. staining protocols)
- Support of facility users in cell culture
- Analysis of diverse probes (incl. bacteria, yeast, cell culture, cells derived from embryos and tissues) by flow cytometry and FACS, including data analysis
- Training of facility users on flow cytometers, FACS and other biophysical instruments (e.g. plate reader, fluorimeter, microscopes)
- Optimization of staining protocols for fixed and live cell and tissue samples
- Maintenance of the booking system, and databases for protocols, reagents, and dyes
- Help with organisational tasks of the research group
For additional information please check the job offer