we do have a interesting job opportunity:
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
You will play a crucial role in applying our new revolutionary digital microscopy online platform and actively contribute to the success of this new venture at ZEISS. In this challenging function you support our customers from academia and industry in automatizing their image analysis/computer vision tasks. You will have the opportunity to work with image data sets ranging from neuron and other cell biology images to microscopic images acquired in industrial quality labs. Together with our data scientists you will implement full computer vision pipelines ranging from the pre-processing of images to the detecting and segmenting of objects and the final statistical analysis. You will have the possibility to improve your knowledge in many areas, such as the application of deep learning models and image processing algorithms or in containerizing software with the docker technology. The intern position is intended for at least two months but can also run longer.
- Must have:
- Strong proficiency with Python and the scientific ecosystem (e.g. numpy, matplotlib, pandas)
- Taken classes in the fields of computer science, mathematics, physics or any other STEM subject with advanced programming skills
- Successfully completed at least 2 years of study
- Fluent English or German
- Deep curiosity and willingness to dive into new subject areas
- Ability to work in an independent, goal- and output-oriented manner
- Fun working in agile, interdisciplinary teams
- The following will be considered an advantage:
- Familiarity with computer vision packages for Python, such as openCV and sciki-image
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Docker and software containerization
- First experience with machine learning
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.