Issues with analyze particules in batch mode (roi become black)

analyze-particles
imagej
macro

hello, it makes somes days that i try to run an particules analysis with thoses steps:

//00 - define image directory
//01 - rotates pictures with name finishing with"-07", “-08”, …, “-12”.
//02 - show active picture
//03 - create 3 “roy” .
//04 - Combine Roys
//05 - delete outside of the combined roy
//06 - select “paintbrush” tool
//07 - define the treshold level
//08 - Finalisation and validation by user of treshold settings
//09 - make binary
//10 - Convert picture in 8-bits.
//11 - fill holes
//12 - do an analyze of particules
//13 - saves results
//14 - close everything exept “Results” and “Log”
//15 - delete roys for the next picture

I got several issues:

• FOR “//12 - do an analyze of particules” : if i choose Outlines or Masks results are the same.

• my program has worked for 26 pictures and now the second square become all black whatever the treshold level defined.

-the results excel built is in xls and a message appears when i open it, the message says that the format and the extension of the document is dose’nt match.

This is the program i built:

//00 - define image directory
dir = getDirectory("image"); 	                                 //define dir for saving names
name = getTitle; 	 	       	                                //define the name of the picture for savings
index = lastIndexOf(name, "."); 	                        //define index for savings

//01 - rotates pictures with name finishing with"-07", "-08", ..., "-12".
list2=substring(name, 0, (lengthOf(name)-4));	 //cut the end of the picture name 
 if (endsWith(list2, "-07"))			                 //if the end of the picture name is  "-07"
 run("Rotate... ", "angle=180 interpolation=None"); // do a rotation of 180°
 if (endsWith(list2, "-08"))			                 //if the end of the picture name is  -08"
 if (endsWith(list2, "-09"))			                 //if the end of the picture name is   "-09"
 if (endsWith(list2, "-10"))			                 //if the end of the picture name is  "-10"
 if (endsWith(list2, "-11"))			                         //if the end of the picture name is  "-11"
  if (endsWith(list2, "-12"))			                 //if the end of the picture name is   "-12"

//02 - show active picture
  setBatchMode(false); 	                                         //show active picture

//03 - create 3 "roy" .
run("ROI Manager...");		                                //lauch of roy manager
makeRectangle(504, 204, 215, 381);                      // define the first square
roiManager("add");                                                  // add first square to roi
makeRectangle(262, 204, 224, 362);                     // define the second square
roiManager("add");                                                 // add second square to roi
makeRectangle(537, 630, 149, 116);                     // define the third square
roiManager("add");		                                       // add third square to roi
roiManager("select", newArray(0,1,2));                  // select all roys

//04 - Combine  Roys
 roiManager("Combine");		                        // combine all roys
 roiManager("add");		                                        // add to roy manager the combined roy
 roiManager("select", 3); 		                        // select the combined roy

//05 - delete outside of the combined roy
 run("Clear Outside");		                                // clear outside the combined roy

//06 - select "paintbrush" tool
setTool( "Paintbrush Tool" );	                                // select "paintbrush" tool

//07 - define the treshold level
setThreshold(185, 255);		                                // define the treshold level
run("Threshold..."); 		                                        // run threshold

//08 - Finalisation and validation by user  of treshold  settings 
waitForUser("définir le threshold et appuyer sur OK"); //wait user for clicing to "ok"

//09 - make binary
run("Make Binary");		                                        //make binary 

//10 - Convert picture in 8-bits.
run("8-bit");   		                                               //Convert picture in 8-bits. 

//11 - fill holes
run("Fill Holes");			                              // fill holes

//12 - do an analyze particules

run("Analyze Particles...", "size=50-Infinity show=Outlines display exclude include summarize");

//13 - saves results
selectWindow("Results");		                        // select "results windows"
getResult ("Area", 0);		                                // selectionne "Area column"
if (index!=-1) name = substring(name, 0, index);    // too smart for me
name = name + ".xls"; 		                                // transform name for creating excel file
saveAs("Results...", dir+name);                              //saves results (step 1)
print(dir+name); 		                                        //saves result (step 2)

//14 - close everything exept "Results" and "Log"
close();				
        //15 - delete roys for the next picture
roiManager("Deselect");                                    //select all roys 
roiManager("Delete");                                        //delete all roys

I’m not a programmer, i founded parts of code on internet and on this forum in order to create this program

If someone can help me, thank you A LOT. :slight_smile:

Good day,

please provide a MWE that reproduces the problem.

Regards

Herbie

sorry i summited accidently my post before finishing it , i have add informations about my problems, hope it is enought

Whenever you apply a threshold or make binary you are to set before, either

setOption("BlackBackground",true);

or

setOption("BlackBackground",false);

If you don’t set the state, the state will be recovered from a previous setting, whatever it used to be.

HTHG

Herbie

Thank you a lot herbie, it works really better :wink:
This forum is very helpfull :slight_smile: