Issue with Zenblue

Hello,

a friend of mine is having a problem opening .zvi or .czi with zen 3.2.0.0000. The error is attached. Does anyone know how to fix this? I checked the .net, and it is up to date. Uninstall, restart, clear %temp% and install did not fix the issue. So, from my little understanding, this might be a problem with the way ZenBlue is trying to render the images. Can you somewhere define what graphics card to be used by ZenBlue? Is there any dependency that needs to be installed, like some Visual C++?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,
leonardo

Zeiss

Hi @lsilva.m

I personally have not seen this error. That does not mean somebody else (in ZEISS knows it). Can you post your system specifications and and also the CZI file, so I can have a look.

Regarding the graphics card, ZEN Blue 3.2 only supports NVidia cards. If not present it will use CPU rendering as a fallback.

ok, the specs are:
Processor: Intel i5-8250 @1.50 GHz
RAM: 8 Gb
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150

here is the file

Thanks

Hi @lsilva.m

for me your ZVI file works in ZEN 3.2 just fine. From the specs of your system (no offense) this is at the low end of what should be used and way below, what our smallest workstation is capable of.

The GPU is how old? It is for sure not officially supported by ZEN anymore. Did you update the driver?

But I have no idea if the GPU is actual the issue (I doubt it).

Hi @sebi06

For me works just fine as well, and my laptop doesn’t have a discrete graphics card…

The laptop that is not opening this file is from 2018.

Do you know if python is required for rendering? I never noticed a problem with zen in my computers, because I have it install, along with other C++ redistributable that are needed for other softwares I use.

Python is not required in addition to ZEN at all.

Works for me too. It might help to post the exception details (if any) from the Windows Event Log (open Event Viewer app -> Windows Logs -> Application -> Look for events at time of exception). Or maybe Zen saves the exception details to its own error log (?).

1 Like

Hi @lsilva.m

the ZEN error log is typically located here: “C:\ProgramData\Carl Zeiss\Logging\ZEN.Error.log.xml”

hi @sebi06 @cgohlke

I forgot to mention, but by now I guess you already deduced it: this are problems with Zen blue lite.

here is the error:

<log4net:event logger="Zeiss.Micro.Infrastructure.Startup.ZenClientBootstrapper" timestamp="2021-01-13T19:32:29.361564+00:00" level="WARN" thread="7" domain="ZEN.exe"><log4net:message>Error loading assembly 'Zeiss.Micro.SystemTests' from package 'Zeiss.Micro.Core.SystemTests'. N�o foi poss�vel carregar o ficheiro ou assemblagem 'Zeiss.Micro.SystemTests' ou uma das respectivas depend�ncias. O sistema n�o conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado.</log4net:message><log4net:properties><log4net:data name="log4net:HostName" value="LAPTOP-xxxxxx" /></log4net:properties></log4net:event>
<log4net:event logger="Zeiss.Micro.Infrastructure.Startup.ZenClientBootstrapper" timestamp="2021-01-13T19:32:29.3655555+00:00" level="WARN" thread="7" domain="ZEN.exe"><log4net:message>Error loading assembly 'Zeiss.Micro.Extension.GuidedAcquisition.SystemTests' from package 'Zeiss.Micro.LM.SystemTests'. N�o foi poss�vel carregar o ficheiro ou assemblagem 'Zeiss.Micro.Extension.GuidedAcquisition.SystemTests' ou uma das respectivas depend�ncias. O sistema n�o conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado.</log4net:message><log4net:properties><log4net:data name="log4net:HostName" value="LAPTOP-xxxxxx" /></log4net:properties></log4net:event>
<log4net:event logger="Zeiss.Micro.Infrastructure.Startup.ZenClientBootstrapper" timestamp="2021-01-13T19:32:29.3665517+00:00" level="WARN" thread="7" domain="ZEN.exe"><log4net:message>Error loading assembly 'Zeiss.Micro.LSM.Tests' from package 'Zeiss.Micro.LSM.SystemTests'. N�o foi poss�vel carregar o ficheiro ou assemblagem 'Zeiss.Micro.LSM.Tests' ou uma das respectivas depend�ncias. O sistema n�o conseguiu localizar o ficheiro especificado.</log4net:message><log4net:properties><log4net:data name="log4net:HostName" value="LAPTOP-xxxxxx" /></log4net:properties></log4net:event>
<log4net:event logger="Zeiss.Micro.Diagnostics.LocalEventLog" timestamp="2021-01-13T19:32:35.4456529+00:00" level="WARN" thread="1" domain="ZEN.exe"><log4net:message>The file containing common passwords does not exist.</log4net:message><log4net:properties><log4net:data name="log4net:HostName" value="LAPTOP-xxxxxx" /></log4net:properties></log4net:event>
<log4net:event logger="Zeiss.Micro.Application.ApplicationContext" timestamp="2021-01-13T19:33:41.7343178+00:00" level="ERROR" thread="1" domain="ZEN.exe"><log4net:message>ShowError(): Unhandled exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88980406): UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (Excep��o de HRESULT: 0x88980406)
   em System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   em System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   em System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   em System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   em System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean&amp; handled)
   em MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean&amp; handled)
   em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)</log4net:message><log4net:properties><log4net:data name="log4net:HostName" value="LAPTOP-xxxxxx" /></log4net:properties></log4net:event>

See WPF render thread failures - .NET Framework | Microsoft Docs

Common causes of failure

The most common bucket of WPF render thread failures is associated with video hardware or driver problems…

Try to follow their General Recommendations.

@cgohlke

thanks for the suggestion.
I tried to update the drivers, but they were all up to date. Then, I thought that I could chose Zen to run with NVDIA from its control panel: and it worked.

Thank you for your help @sebi06 and @cgohlke

cheers

1 Like