Issue loading an example pipeline from https://cellprofiler.org/examples

Hello all,

I have tried downloading an example “Counting and Scoring” and when I unzip and try to use:
File->Import->Pipeline from file…->ExamplePercentPositive.cppipe

It will give me the error " ‘charmap’ codec can’t decode byte 0x9d in position 5790: character maps to "

Not quite sure if I am loading the pipeline incorrectly or if there is something wrong with my cellprofiler install. However, I am able to successfully run the “Try Example” pipeline from the welcome screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
Wil

Hi @salmen,

I tried the same example with 4.1.3 & 3.0.9. I got the same error message. Not sure why.

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

Hmm, I can’t replicate on my Mac, but we’ve been investigating an issue lately where it seems like certain pipelines created on Macs (which the current set of example pipelines on the website were) can’t be opened on Windows machines, can you confirm whether each of you were trying this on Windows? If so, this might be another case of that, we can try re-generating some or all of the example pipelines if need be.

In the meantime, this edited version should work for you, we’ll get the one on the website fixed ASAP

ExamplePercentPositive_edited.cppipe (15.5 KB)

Thank you for responding Beth,

I am trying to import the pipeline on a Windows machine. Will try using the pipeline you attached.

Best,
Wil

The edited version works perfectly on my windows 10 machine. Thank you!

1 Like