Is it possible to comment a module?

I was wondering if there is an option to “comment out” a module (i.e. temporarily disable it). I am sometimes experimenting with a new pipeline and would like to see the effects of removing a module without having to delete it and recreate it later.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

At this point, no it’s not possible to comment out a module. However, there’s nothing preventing you from not using the output of any given module, which is effectively the same as ignoring it.

Regards
-Mark

Thanks. This works in some cases, but with certain time/resource-consuming modules it is an inconvenience to have CP run through them for no reason. Also, if the goal in commenting out a module is to see the effect on the run time of the pipeline, then simply ignoring the output of the module is an insufficient fix.

Mike

The team will be brainstorming improvements to the CP interface soon. We’ll include this as a recommended improvement.

As an aside, I was going to point you to this thread (ATTENTION USERS: Help us with usability improvements!) to add this as a UI suggestion, but I see you already have posted there. If you have any other issues, please feel free to cross-post.
-Mark