Interrupting training in Windows exits iPython

Windows 10 64-bit
Anaconda virtual environment installed as per instructions (https://github.com/AlexEMG/DeepLabCut/blob/master/conda-environments/README.md)
DeepLabCut 2.0.05.1

I’ve used DLC on Ubuntu before, and there it was no problems interrupting the training process when enough iterations had been reached and the loss plateaued with the CTRL-C command. However, if I do this now in my new set up with Windows 10 it doesn’t just interrupt the process but exits iPython completely. I am right now re-training the network but I am afraid of interrupting the training in case the exit out of iPython messes anything up with the snapshots. I am still quite new to this, so please excuse my ignorance in these matters.

My question is thus two-fold: Is there another command I can use to interrupt the process AND stay in iPython? If not, will the exit out of iPython in any way mess up the re-training (will I have to do it all over again)?

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

I am running DLC in windows too, I have used CTRL-C to exit the training and I have not had any issues with restarting the network. Also, you can change how often you save the snapshots in the pose_cfg.yaml file, in the line “save_iters:” in case you are worried.

Awesome, thank you so much! This puts my mind at ease :slight_smile:

Not an issue - it’s actually just bad timing, not windows specific. If you know you will always stop at say 200K iterations, you can input the value before you start training. ie pass: max_iters=200000