Interactive 3D Surface Plot - extracting underlying information possible?

Hi,

I am looking for a convenient and fast way to extract the dimensions of 3D structures (2D projection is sufficient). Thresholding folllowed by particle analysis fails in 20-30% since the objects sometimes are hollow. Visually I get a good and extremely fast representation of what I want to see using the Interactive 3D Surface Plot plugin in Fiji with certain smoothing and threshold. Is it possible to extract the information which is visualized with isolines/dots from the plugin in a numeric format? Sorry if this question is entirely stupid.

Thank you in advance for any input.
Jenny

1 Like

Hi Jenny!
Did you find the way?
Im dealing with the same problem, I would like to obtain the data analyze it in a different software.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @MaryFF,

No, unfortunately not. I solved my analysis problem with a different approach in the end.

Kind regards,
Jenny

1 Like

Hi, @jostrop,

I am trying to do quite the same analysis with the approach you mentioned in your first question and also had no success so far.
Could you please give me some insight on what approach you used?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Áurea

Hi @Aurea_Maria,
The approach that I eventually used to measure the size of my objects is described in this article, Fig. 1B: https://doi.org/10.3389/fcell.2020.618552
The code is available on Github/Zenodo.
Kind regards,
Jenny