We have been getting a few Update Site requests lately and along with them, many questions regarding the steps to create one. So I just wanted to make sure we have all that information in a single place.
The instructions found on the ImageJ wiki are still correct:
- Choose Help › Update… from the menu
- Click “Manage Update Sites” button
- Click “Add update site” button ( not “Add my site”… I would like to remove that button because it’s confusing)
- For URL enter
- For Name enter
- For Host enter the upload information that depends on the protocol available for uploading:
Directory on Hostblank
An example of what that might look like:
- Then click Close.
- Then click “Advanced mode” and in the View Options choose “View local-only files”. You should see your plugin JAR(s) and dependencies listed. Select them all with shift+click, then right-click and there should be a “Upload to NameOfYourUpdateSite” option available. Click that.
- Click “Apply changes (upload)” button.
- When the password prompt comes up, fill in your password (different from your wiki password)