Installing OMERO.insight on windows: compatibility issue

Hi all,

I’m running into a problem when installing the latest version of the OMERO.insight client (OMERO.insight-5.5.14.exe) on an old windows computer that runs an Axio scope microscope at our institution.

The error message and the computer’s system information are the following:

We succeeded to install an older version of the OMERO.insight client (OMERO.insight-5.4.10-ice35-b105-win.zip from Index of /omero/5.4.10/artifacts), but this time the client was not compatible with our OMERO server, which is up-to-date (version 5.6.3)

Could someone suggest me a version of the OMERO.insight client that would be compatible with both our computer and our OMERO server?

Many thanks,

Claire

I’m afraid that’s not possible. The recent 5.6.x server versions need a recent 5.5.x Insight. But these Insight versions won’t run on a 32bit operating system. Can you switch to a 64bit Windows on this computer? Apparently it has a 64bit CPU.
Kind Regards,
Dominik

1 Like

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for the information and sorry for the late reply.
The microscope’s owners do not want to switch to a 64bit windows because they are not sure how the drivers for the microscope components will behave.
But they are thinking to emulate on a separate partition a 64 bit system to install the .insight client, before the day of replacing the computer comes!

All the best,
Claire