Installation of Cell Profiler

Hi everybody.

I am trying to install CellProfiler but unsuccessfully. As you can see on the picture, there is just a black screen for something like 10s before its closing down.
Can someone help me with this please?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!!

What is your operating system? Which version of Cellprofiler you are trying to install??
You might have to ensure your java requirements are fine. (https://cellprofiler.org/previous_releases/)
If you are trying in windows, just look at these threads,
CP3.1.8 does not open in Windows 10

Regards,
Lakshmi
Fujifilm Wako Automation (Consultant)
www.wakoautomation.com

I am working on Windows, so I tried with CP 2.1.0 (3.18 and 2.1.1 didn’t work) and it finally work!
Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Marylou

2.1.0 is a really old version; if you ever need to upgrade your analyses, you’ll find it difficult, so it might be worth trying to get a modern version installed.

What version were you originally trying to install - 3.1.8, 3.1.9, etc? Typically actually a brief error message shows up on that console screen - have you seen it/can you catch it?

Yes I saw that… Yes I tried with 3.1.9 : here is the catch of my console screen, if it can help.

1 Like

It works! I just had to install this **64-bit Java for Windows
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,

Great!!!
@bcimini
Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

Hello,
I have the same problem as Marylou. Black screen but no error message when I launched CP 3.1.9

I search on the forum and I just found the solution of update Java (so now i have the v1.8.0, 251-b08), but the problem is still there even after restart my laptop (Surface, Windows 10 pro)…
Thank you for your help,
Anne

Hi @beghinanne,

Have you followed the steps in this java troubleshooting guide?

Yes thank you for the answer.And yes indeed i have followed the Java guide but still the same problem…can not find the jvm… others suggestions ? thank you a lot !

Hi @beghinanne,

Would you be able to send over a screenshot of your system environment variables?

Hi @beghinanne,

In addition to sharing the system environment, can check with one more thing. Sometimes, it takes a while to start. Did you try waiting for a sometime after the blank screen (may be 15-20 minutes)?

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com
For CellProfiler training or optimised pipeline write to,
lakshmi.balasubramanian.contractor@fujifilm.com

Read more on our site.
Yokogawa CV8000 - The Ultimate in Confocal HCS
https://www.wakoautomation.com/products/yokogawa-high-content-imaging

Hi @Lakshmi Balasubramanian via Image.sc Forum,

We found it ! (with the help of my IT staff) A problem with the admin right…need to run it as ‘another user’ (and not as admin) and then it works…strange but it works !

Thank you !

2 Likes

Thanks for this - I just ran into the same issue on Windows & this saved me time debugging :slight_smile:

1 Like