Install fail on 32-bit Win7

As administrator, I ran the CellProfiler_2.1.1_win32_r20140723174513.exe on my Win7 32-bit machine. There were no error messages during the installation process.

When executing CellProfiler.exe, the following errors are displayed:

Uncaught exception in the CellProfiler.py
Traceback:
File “CellProfiler.py”, line 0199, in main
File “CellProfiler\cellprofilerapp.pyc”, line 37 in init
File “wx_core.pyc”, line 7981, in init
File “wx_core.pyc”, line 7555, in bootstrapApp
File "“cellprofiler\cellprofilerapp.pyc”, line 67, in OnInit
File ""bioformats_init
.pyc", line 20, in
File "“cellprofiler\utilities\jutil.pyc”, line 168, in
File "“cellprofiler\utilities\javabridge.pyc”, line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load filed: Access is denied.
Load ilastik Core

I am not interested in the development capabilities. Just runtime. This machine does not have Python installed.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Hi SarahLogan,

Hmm, not sure about this. Please note that as of last month, we are no longer developing for Win32, so that may bias your choice of how strongly to pursue this issue. In any case, you don’t need to have python installed to run the compiled version. Has CellProfiler been installed before? Also, is Java installed?

To be clear, you are simply downloading the .exe, installing it to a typical directory (say, C:\Program Files) and then clicking on the executable and it errors?

I would start by clearing CellProfiler’s registry entry by following this thread’s directions:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3886&p=11494&hilit=registry&sid=b37c1237b5b03925637183558d5443c2#p11494

Hopefully that clears it up- let us know.
David

Deleting the registry entry solved the problem. This was a first time install. Java is not installed. Nor Python.

Thanks for the help.

Sarah