Install Cell Profiler Analyst in MacOS 10.16.4

I’m new to CP and CPA, and recently tried to install CPA in my Macbook and it doesn’t work.
It only shows the option of Open Console or Terminate.

Does anyone encounter this problem before?

Many thanks,
Chris

Hi @chrisklchan,

I’m afraid CPA is currently unsupported for your OS version, see the attached reply.

Hi,

The current OSX release is 10.15.1, do you perhaps mean 10.14.6?

We’ve recently been working on a CPA patch release for Mac 10.14+; it definitely still has some bugs (for example, after you select your properties file in the initial window, you must then click back on the CPA icon on the dock to get the main window to come up), but it’s overall in pretty good shape. Feel free to try it.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your reply. I have tried the patch release but it’s the same error message in my OS 10.14.6.

Do you have the correct java installed? If you type java -version in your terminal, you should see some build of Java 8; if it reports nothing, you’ll need to install a Java8 JDK (such as from the site below); if it reports something else, you’ll need to do that AND set JAVA_HOME (see other posts in the forum here for doing this)

ls020060:~ Chris$ which java
/usr/bin/java
ls020060:~ Chris$ java -version
java version "13.0.1" 2019-10-15
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 13.0.1+9)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 13.0.1+9, mixed mode, sharing)
ls020060:~ Chris$ export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
ls020060:~ Chris$ echo$JAVA_HOME
-bash: echo/Library/Java/Home: No such file or directory
ls020060:~ Chris$ emacs.profile
-bash: emacs.profile: command not found

This is my JAVA version and could you send me a link on how to set JAVA_Home? Many thanks.

You need to have a Java8 JDK installed; once you do, set JAVA_HOME to that installation. Mine is below; yours will probably just have a different value between “JavaVirtualMachines” and “Contents” (something like “AdoptOpenJDK…”). You can use the
export JAVA_HOME=your/path/to/java
command to set it once, or
echo export "JAVA_HOME=/your/path/to/java" >> ~/.bash_profile
to set it more permanently.

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_192.jdk/Contents/Home

1 Like

Hello,

I am encountering an error trying to load/open .properties as well. Downloaded Java8 JDK, downloaded the patch however I don’t know how to set JAVA_HOME. Could you please help me out with that?

Thank you,
Anna