Index measurements from the multi-point tool by counter number

Hello,

I’m using the multi-point tool in ImageJ to manually count areas of high intensity in a 3D image (XYT). I use a macro to save the counts window (can see this by pressing ‘y’ shortcut in multi-point tool) and I would like to save the measurements of the X and Y coordinates for each point also (can see this by pressing ‘m’ shortcut with appropriate measurements ticked in ‘set measurements…’).

My problem is that the result window of the measurements from the multi-point tool seems to be ordered by sequence of the placement of points, rather than by counter number. E.g. If I placed counter 0 in slice 1, 2, 3 then counter 1 in slice 2, 3, then went back to counter 0 and placed it in slice 4 also. The results table would show the measurements in that order rather than indexed by the counter number (e.g. counter 0 in slice 1, 2, 3 and 4 and counter 1 in slice 2, 3).

So I want to save the X and Y coordinates with an index as to which counter number they go with (from the counts results table).

I have attached an example of my problem (below), notice that I put counter 0 in slice 4 first and then worked backwards to slice 1 initially, but from then on pretty much went as you would expect (all slices in ascending order for each successive counter number). However, there is no way to tell due to the lack of indexing:

Any help is greatly appreciated, I’m assuming that I haven’t missed an obvious way of doing this.

If I perform this in ImageJ on a stack I get the counter var as well (see table screenshot below):

Try to update the application if the column not occur!

I you just want a different order you can simply postprocess the table in a spreadsheet application.

Updating the application has added the two columns ‘counter’ and ‘count’, thank you!