Inability to install, problem with Python compatibility

Hello,

I am having trouble installing the cell profiler on a Mac version 10.9, I think it has to do with Python, I get the following error:

9/16/16 3:35:01.780 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[152]: ([0x0-0x8a08a].org.pythonmac.unspecified.CellProfiler[1448]) Exited with code: 255

Does anyone know how to fix this error? I have updated Java to the latest version.

Thank you!!

Hi Kayleigh,
Can you let us know what version of CP you are trying to install, and also if you already had python installed on your computer and if so what version of python?

I suspect there may also be more lines to the error than just the one- can you post the whole error thread?

Without more info it’s hard to say what will work, but searching the help led me to this post suggesting that deleting your configuration file might help. There’s also this FAQ suggesting to uninstall and reinstall CP and Python both, but it’s for a pretty old version of CP- the steps may be worth trying though.

Apparently the current mac builds don’t support anything before 10.10! We’ll be updating the downloads page to reflect that, and you should still be able to install from source following the instructions here .