Import pipeline from URL fails in CP v2.1.0

CellProfiler support for importing pipelines and image lists from a URL is a fantastic feature.

Unfortunately Pipeline import from URL appears to be broken in CellProfiler release v2.1.0
When I try to import a pipeline from URL, I get an error ‘Unknown mat file’ I don’t see how this is relevant.
When I first download the pipeline file and then open it loads without errors

The pipeline has been generated and exported as a cppipe file, from the same version (2.1.0) of the software. It was then uploaded to an http server from where we usually serve pipelines

Just a sanity check, are you able to load the pipeline from this URL without errors? svn.broadinstitute.org/CellProf … URL.cppipe
-Mark

I’m still getting an error trying to load the pipeline from the URL, but I don’t think it’s related to my previous issue.
I can open the example pipeline in my browser, but not with CellProfiler. I’m suspecting some proxy issues?
Best regards
–Ioannis–

I suspect this is the same (or similar) issue that Nick ran into, that we documented here: github.com/CellProfiler/CellProfiler/issues/803.

Also, just to clarify: you were able to import from URL from your server without errors in 2.0?
-Mark

Mark,
I’m running this on Windows but I suspect it is related (if not the same) to Nick’s proxy issue.
As far as loading pipelines from URLs worked perfectly in CP v2.0

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this. Given our reliance on URL loading we will not be able to start using 2.1 until this issue has been resolved.

Best regards
–Ioannis–

Would you mind placing a comment to that effect for the associated GitHub issue? Just so we remember to prioritize it accordingly…
-Mark

Done. Here it is:
github.com/CellProfiler/CellPro … ssues/1051

As Lee was able to identify, the error was generated by a permission denied error from the web server.
After the permissions were resolved I’m again able to load pipelines from URL using the v2.1 CP.

Thank you Lee and Mark for helping us resolve this issue!
Best regards
–Ioannis–